Firetero - Iptables Firewall for Workstation or Server
Firetero is a firewall for a single computer. Default setup works for any workstation. For a server, sample configuration is available for most common daemons.
- Easy to use: default configuration allows all client programs (browse web, send email...) but denies access to your computer from the Internet
- Uses iptables syntax: no new language to learn, leverage your existing skills
- Example configuration for
- Servers: Web, SSH
- Traffic shaping (initial support)
- Uses standard /etc/init.d script and keeps configuration in standard place /etc/firetero
- Code is troughoutly commented, easy to read and verify.
- Creates human readable firewall (for example, ‘iptables -L’ output is readable)
Firetero is based on Karvinen 2003-2006: “Firewall for Single Host with Iptables”.